Healing - Sleep restores your mind and body
Sleep is a highly active state consisting of a number of consecutive sleep cycles, each 90-100 minutes long.
- Falling Asleep
- Light Sleep
- Deep Sleep
- REM – Dream Sleep
As soon as a healthy relaxed person closes their eyes, Alpha waves can be registered on the brain. These are higher and slower than the Beta waves our brain produces when we are awake. Breathing and heart rate slow down, muscles relax.
During the Light Sleep stage the brain waves slow even further. During Deep Sleep our brain produces Delta waves. We are so fast asleep that we can only be woken up by very strong stimulus like loud noise or bright light. Muscles relax even further, healing, repair and tissue generation take place now as well as a number of vital metabolic and immune processes.
REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep is the stage when you store memories, process information, restore your nervous system and dream most vividly.
Chronic lack of sleep will severely impact our body's ability to regulate hormone levels, immune response and memory function.
We value sleep as one of your most precious resources for health and wellness. Sourcing our clean natural performance components from Europe allows us to provide chemically safe sleep systems with real function at a fair price. At the cornerstone of our design and philosophy is product performance.
Our team researches products worldwide, and selects components based on functionality, not cost. If a product doesn't meet our standards, we don't buy it. In order to achieve the necessary performance in our mattress design, we began to purchase components from European suppliers in 1995 where performance and certified purity are placed ahead of branding and marketing. We are now partnering with ten of the strongest, most reputable component manufacturers in Germany, The Netherlands, England, Belgium and France. We believe this is the only way to provide you with consistently superior solutions.
Our beds are a unique blend of ortho-engineering and high quality touches. All the design elements work together to provide:
- Individual support and comfort in any sleeping position
- Optimal body conformity and spinal alignment
- Hygienic and dry sleeping climate through excellent breathability
- Certified purity - OekoTex certificates confirm that all our materials conform to the strictest European standard for harmful substances and chemicals in mattresses
- Hypo-allergenic and beneficial to allergy sufferers
- Long lasting and exceptionally durable
- Quiet sleep with far less motion - you can move without disturbing your partner: no roll-together
- Choice of different firmnesses in one cover - no compromising individual comfort
- No need to flip or turn mattress
- We work closely with our stores to guarantee a buying experience that is based on sound and personal advice from well educated sales people. Our sleep solutions incorporate not only comfort and alignment, but easy breathing and a holistic approach to sleep as a vital part of a human's well being.
We believe in an ethical approach to life and business, sustainability on all levels and long-term thinking.